Friday, October 12, 2007

The Journey Begins...Beijing

Well we have been in Beijing for 2 days now. We have tried to be a little adventurous on our own. Yesterday a group of us went to the Temple of Heaven. If my understanding is correct, the emperors would go here to worship for a good harvest. Very interesting, powerful and beautiful. Once we got back to the hotel, jet lag caught up with us and we crashed. Needless to say, Tommy and I both crashed soooo early, we both woke up around 2:00am and couldn't sleep. Thankfully HBO is in English and we watched a movie until we fell back asleep.

Today we had our orientation and the updated itinerary for once we get to our province and then on to Guangzhou. We learned all of our babies are still doing well and we will receive them Monday morning. By the way, today is Lil Bug's birthday - she is 9 months old. I can't wait to get her in my arms.

After the orientation, Tommy and I and another family headed out again on our own. We went to a "flea market" a couple blocks from the hotel. Ooohhh the treasures we wished could have bought, but the restrictions on a luggage weight kept us from buying anything.

We got back to the hotel in the early afternoon and with nothing better to do for a couple of hours, took another nap. These naps are getting to be a habit, atleast for the next couple of days.

This evening we went to see the Flying Acribatic show with our agency guide. WOW!!! AMAZING!! This show is awesome, I hope any families touring Beijing have the opportunity to see this. We had such a good time.

When we arrived back at the hotel, a group of us decided to head and try authentic Chinese cuisine. Some dishes were really good, others were okay, while one was completely not what we expected but still okay. Tommy would have preferred the delivery from Pizza Hut again.

Once I have a little more time and can figure out how to post a slide show vs umpteen million pictures, I will post the pics.

Well I really need to get some sleep. We have to get up early to go to the Great Wall tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you are enjoying the trip and finding some sleep. Cant wait for that first family photo!

Joyce Barber said...

Thanks for sharing the fabulous pictures! Your little doodlebug is SO alert and adorable! Tommy's in trouble! She already rules the ROOST! Enjoy, be safe...can't wait to meet Kaitlyn, Happy wishes and prayers!

Unknown said...

Hi,
Wow..would love to hear more about your experience...my little one is waiting for us in Fuling. I was wondering, did you visit the orphanage and did you happen to get any pictures of the babies? Maybe my little Piper would be in one of them...what a gift from God that would be. Blessings. LORI

Hebnix said...

Hope that everything is going well. I keep checking your site, but it's not updating.... I hope that your all having a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.